9.28.2011

Hope for a pensive, doubting, and so fearful heart.

Jesus said that he would preach good news to the poor, bind up the brokenhearted, and proclaim freedm for the captives, and release prisoners from darkness. (Lk. 4:18/ Is.61:1) It has always struck me that God places broken hearts on the same level as poor, captives, and prisoners. He takes brokenness seriously.

May God himself, the God who makes everything holy and whole, make you holy and whole, put you together - spirit, soul, and body - and keep you fit for the coming of our Master, Jesus Christ. The One who called you is completely dependable. If he said it, he'll do it! 1Thess. 5:23-24 MSG

Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. Ps.126:5 NIV

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Ps. 147:3 NIV


Pensive, Doubting, Fearful Heart- John Newton

Pensive, doubting, fearful heart
Hear what Christ the Savior says
Every word should joy impart
Change thy mourning into praise
Yes, He speaks and speaks to thee
May He help thee to believe
Then thou presently will see
Thou has little cause to grieve

Fear thou not, nor be ashamed
All thy sorrows soon shall end
I, who heaven and earth have framed
Am thy Husband and thy Friend
I, the High and Holy One
Israel's God, by all adored
As thy Savior will be known
Thy Redeemer and thy Lord

For a moment I withdrew
And thy heart was filled with pain
But my mercies I'll renew
Thou shall soon rejoice again
Though I seem to hide my face
Very soon my wrath shall cease
'Tis but for a moment's space
Ending in eternal peace

Though afflicted, tempest tossed
Comfortless awhile thou art
Do not think thou can be lost
Thou art graven on my heart
All thy wastes I will repair
Thou shalt be rebuilt anew
And in thee it shall appear
What the God of love can d
o

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, meaningful post, Katie Rose. We love you and continue to pray for you.

    May I ruin the serious moment just long enough to say that it tickled us to see you quoted from the MSG? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Is the John Newton text from an Indelible Grace song?

    God must truly be working in your life to be quoting from the Message. I seem to recall some comment about Eugene Peterson needing to "keep his message to himself..." :-P

    ReplyDelete