8.16.2011

Blogging Above the Ocean...

Well, I'm finally home, and finally posting again!  I wrote this post on Tuesday, the 2nd of August while flying home.  I got home at some ridiculous hour on Wednesday, spent about 48 hours at home and then left for family vacation!  We returned home from vacation on this past Saturday afternoon.  I'm sure that you have all been waiting with bated breath to read more, and I apologize for the lapse in time, as I have had rather limited internet access.  :-)

As I type this post, I'm flying somewhere over the atlantic, already desperately missing Spain. I simply cannot believe that an entire month has come and gone.  People here often ask me if Spain is as I expected, and I always respond the same way; I had very few expectations coming into this trip.  I did, however, expect to be challenged, and I was.  I expected to improve my Spanish, and I did.  I expected to like Spain, and I love it.  I didn't expect to be so well loved.   I didn't expect to make the life-long friendships that I now enjoy.   I didn't expect to want to return as soon as possibe.  And I didn't expect to return home speaking Spanish with a Spanish accent!

Four years ago, this summer, I went on a mission trip to Juarez, Mexico and I fell in love.  I was head over heels for the country, its people, and its language.  It was through my experience in Juarez that God awakened in me a passion for reaching the Hispanic community in America through teaching English.  Now, four years later, I am as certain of my calling as I was at sixteen.  God has provided me with experiences and opportunities that have strengthened my passion and intensified the poingency of the call.  With every step I take that leads me closer toward Teaching English as a Second Language,  I am reaffirmed that I am exactly where God wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment